Two episodes you can easily skip:
- 3. Extinction: The usual “bodies transform quickly and must be saved in time” story. Not terribly interesting, moves slowly.
- 17. Hatchery: Boring, you quickly see where things will head.
- The more serialized format works really well for the show, seeing larger themes play out is more enjoyable than being confronted with a “strange phenomenon of the week”.
- The species on display sometimes reminded me of Star Wars.
- This season has some of very clever saves and resurrections. One knows that they are going to happen – no harm will ever come to regulars, not on Star Trek. But how they happen is surprising.