Judging by a tweet by David Herman, he is excited about something (he is shouting!) and so should we be:
MODULES FOR ECMASCRIPT, Y'ALL. MODULES FOR ECMASCRIPT. THAT IS ALL. [@littlecalculist]This means: ECMAScript Harmony (or ECMAScript.next ), as it is currently being planned, will have modules. This post gives you a first look, summarizing the material at .
The only problem with node.js code: You get one nested function expression for each outside request you make.
Tabs for web pages in browsers are usually arranged horizontally, on top of the browser window. This arrangement has two disadvantages: First, with many tabs, it becomes impossible to read their titles. Second, horizontal tabs take up valuable vertical space on widescreen displays. The obvious solution is to arrange them vertically. Firefox has several ways to do this. It is one of three features I still miss from Chrome. But there now is a way to turn on a beta version of this feature in Chrome. This post explains how.
- Topic-related subsites. These subsites are called zones and allow you to focus on what you want to know about. There currently are zones for the following topics: Agile, Cloud, Mobile, .Net, Java, Web Builder, IDEs & Tools, Languages, Architects, Books, Servers.
- Friendly and knowledgeable community. DZoners tend to “get it” and to be courteous. In many other public web places, ignorant and hostile behavior is common.
- Keeping up with trends. Many people contribute to DZone (some of my blog posts are republished there) which ensures a broad perspective.
|Picture by Amazon|
There are still enough things on iOS that add up to make it the best choice for non-technical people who just want a hassle-free experience. But, the competition is improving and bringing out tablet-specific editions:
If you compare the Xoom against the iPad 2 today, there isn't much of a case to be made in favor of the Xoom. If you make the same comparison four or five months from now when the Xoom has all of its features intact, the story is going to look rather different. LTE and Flash are both desirable features that would make the Xoom look really appealing to a decent-sized mainstream audience.Related posts:
[...] If you are looking for the best tablet available today, then look no further than Cupertino [=Apple]. If you are an Android enthusiast and you want a good tablet that runs the same software as your phone, you should wait a few months for everything to solidify before you decide which Android tablet you want. Don't jump for the Xoom just because it's the first—they rushed it out prematurely hoping to capitalize on exactly that.
VY Canis Majoris (a red hypergiant) is the largest known star. It has a diameter of 2,800,000,000 km. It would take an airplane 1100 years to circle it, if it was flying at 900 km/h.Video embedded after the break.
- Dynamic page extension: New content is appended to the current page. Examples:
- DZone and normal Twitter recognize when you
are close to the end of the page and add new entries.
- Mobile Twitter has a link at the end of the page to “show more”.
- Paged navigation: New content is shown on a new page. Example: Google’s search results.