- text-overflow: ellipsis. If text is too long to fit into a given box, this CSS setting cuts it off with a nice triple dot.
- WebSockets are back: with an updated (more secure) version of the protocol. They are now enabled by default on Firefox for Mobile.
- Canvas speed improvements.
- Restrictions on a site’s ability to resize the current window:
- A site can only resize a window or a tab if it was created by window.open().
- A site cannot resize a tab it it’s in a window with more than one tab.
- Support for the Navigation Web Timing spec.
Firefox 7: new features for developers
This post summarizes the highlights of “What’s new for Web Developers in Firefox 7” by Christopher Blizzard for Mozilla Hacks: