- Don’t launch a buzzword feature until it’s more than just a buzzword.
- Don’t launch a product with obvious problems, even if you plan on fixing them down the road with a patch.
- Keep it simple. Favor quality over functionality.
- Don’t be fooled into believing that you can’t differentiate in meaningful ways through industrial design alone.
- Trumpet your commitment to Google’s 18-month upgrade policy at every opportunity.
A checklist for Android manufacturers
Chris Ziegler’s post “Why do I keep coming back to the Nexus S?” is actually more of a checklist that he’d like Android manufactures to adhere to: