The ranking is as follows (quoting from the post):
- C++ takes top honors, but just barely.
- After that it drops off considerably with C, Java and C# placing in the middle.
- Python and PHP developers are either very happy about using those languages, or perhaps just very mild-mannered developers.
- I don’t trust programmers who swear a lot. It often has to do with ignorance. Yes, you hate that piece of code, but there is a reason it is there. Even very good programmers frequently write bad code. My own experience is that only iterations and code reviews lead to good code.
- The article’s favorite commit message: “fuck it. let’s release.”. Funny.