Step 1: Enable ads between posts.
- Go to “Design → Page Elements” and edit “Blog Posts”. There, you have to enable “Show Ads Between Posts”.
- Check out how your blog looks now. If you are already happy with it, you are done.
- Note, though, that ads will appear after all comments when single posts are shown. This might not be what you want.
- Google will show at most 3 ads on each page which includes ads in the sidebars. Thus, if you have 3 ads in the sidebars, none will ever appear between posts.
- Go to “Design → Edit HTML”.
- Under “Edit Template” you have to “Expand Widget Templates”.
- Show ads inside posts: Search for the following text and insert the code between the comments (you can include the comments themselves or not, it doesn’t matter).
<b:if cond='data:post.hasJumpLink'> ... </b:if> <!-- begin: custom --> <b:if cond='data:post.includeAd'> <br> <data:adEnd/> <data:adCode/> <data:adStart/> </b:if> <!-- end: custom --> <div class='post-footer'>Explanation: the “br” tag after the “if” condition adds extra spacing. It must have its entities escaped (& etc.), because the meta-language is XML and HTML is only embedded inside. Thus, if you are not using XML as HTML macros, you must escape verbatim HTML.
Prevent ads from appearing between posts: Add comments (<!-- and -->, printed in bold below) before and after the following if element.
<!-- <b:if cond='data:post.includeAd'> ... </b:if> --> <b:if cond='data:post.trackLatency'>